Where can I chat with randoms

When I started chatting with people online somewhere between 1998 and 2007 I was both volunteering at a big Christian ministry where anywhere multiple ministries had ads online Chat requests funneled to their ministry and us volunteers chatted with those people. I did that for a long time before FB was a thing and a while after. 

When I went off on my own, the odd named sites I liked to go into had a chat room area where you could just chat with anyone and had to catch your chat 1:1 or 1:2 as it rolled by so yiu could reply. I liked that. Some were really fast blowing by you cuz of how many were in General Chat. I like General chat bcuz the world isnt actively looking into religion and those chats get silo'd to the religion or Christian chat room as if to push us to be in there. I do not want to get stuck in there if I am there for seeking gospel convos and fishing with a lure to reel one in at a time. 

I will note that time can get away from you while reaching the lost or ministering on these sites. Set phone alarms so you limit your time, do not neglect your life and home responsibilities and to your family, have a policy for ministering online and stick to it. 

I do not even post even a fraction of the gospel encounters I've had in my life on the blog or online because It isnt necessary. There's enough examples here for believers to grasp "how to" and ideas of "what to" and I am not seeking attention, and what I do is free and not a job. I would rather spend my time in best ways than be living online. I do minister there a lot, but you need to have a balance and stick to your typical life with a good schedule for normal daily living. 

Some sites I started out on no longer exist or I lost the site name and my log in stuff. But that is ok. There are many places today to minister such as facebook and instagram. I even follow the junk and gossip pages because when some celebrity dies or some tragedy in the news or news piece hits where it can be a springboard I go in and find top comments to reply to & post a reply. The one about the personal submarine that went too deep and search efforts failed to rescue them... there were around 100 pages on facebook and instagram alone and went on for 2 weeks it seems, where it was a fantastic daily opportunity to talk about life, death and the gospel. Here is some info about social media (sns) witnessing. 

You can likely find some sites & places where you can enter groups or chat rooms and do some similar evangelizing. Be wise and kind too. 

Here is a list of alternatives to Reddit. 
https://www.textise.net/showText.aspx?strURL=https%253A//rigorousthemes.com/blog/best-reddit-alternatives/#content

If you use Reddit that is fine.  I prefer facebook. But you can find people online anywhere. 

If you are over 30 jump to "Admins" paragraph. If you are under 31 read the below. 

There are some places online for young people but have strict entry and vetting such as these. But if you are a young person solid in knowing how to present the Gospel, know that Catholics, mormons, cults, Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel & Charismaticism and false church groups claiming to be Christian are not... then you can minister to people at places like these on facebook groups. 
If you are age 11 to 19 you can go here
If you are 18 to 23 you can go here 
If you are 18 to 30 you can go here and here and here 
*These are places where people claim to be Christian but most from what I have seen are not. 
* Check the policy for links before every time you post. If they do not allow posts w links or comments of links and it isnt the current typical stuff seen in posts and comment replies... consider sending a dm instead. It gets less eyes on it but at least you can minister in one offs. Comment you sent a dm. 

When looking in these young people groups.
Use the search feature to look up a topic, research the good responses and see who is posting solid answers, note the really bad & wrong advice given, and know who the admin and moderators are... then you can minister to these young people. It does seem odd there are no parental adults in some of these groups or like a few older Chaplain like ministers assigned (since most young people do not have solid answers and just steering everyone wrong or towards whatever makes them happy in the flesh 🙃). So having some solid mature youths in these groups would be very good. 

Admins usually have to approve every post in these groups and I have heard they reject a lot of them. All of mine have been posted but only because I did it wisely and thought it out. It can take up to 2 weeks to get a approval posted. They do this in their free time and when theres 30k or 300k members in the group it is a lot of work. They also put your comments in pending for a month or so when you are new. 

When ministering look up solid resources for answers (you can go here and here for most typical ones) and share links in the comment. Just check the group rules for what limits and when "for link posting"...and ask a moderator if there are different rules "in chat rooms" for links, and what the parameters are for say link to a resource for helping minister to a ongoing discussion already. 

I have noticed moderators will allow some links in chats if pre approved. Also posts in the group (like if you are sharing something on your facebook personal page) that have links. Look through the past posts using search feature for key words or reputable sites and you can look around (seeing good posts and bad advice). But from those you can build up a answers response portfolio for copying and pasteing (with tweeks). 

It is unfortunate some sites do not just allow free posting [it is more like restriction to time place manner] in a free country but some of it makes sense. It is why I like other sites also that have no speech limits. 

There are chat rooms there at the youth pages and most fb groups....but be very careful in there, wise and full of grace. Know when to not comment. 

Here is an example of some online conversations from chats pre FB and other places. 

Here are sns witnessing tips and here are helps to avoid getting banned on facebook [kicked off the platform]. 


🚨🛑 Final Note.. 
One thing I will say though is if you have a issue with or lured by lust or sexual sins of any kind stay out of the sites that have sexual chat room options! It could be a big temptation for you & battle that you lose since you have not slayed that yet. So do not even go there. If need be stay in facebook type sites where you are only in religious groups and have an believer accountability partner and install Covenant Eyes on your computer and devices. 
And slay that dragon! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to know about the Orthodox religion

Non Trinitarisn cults, sects, and movements

How to reach someone who went fm Christian to Catholic? or is considering it.